Professional Transportation Schematic Engineer (Highway Planning and Design)
Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc.
August 1, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
The Jacobs Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Central Texas Transportation team is seeking a new teammate!
Our new Professional Transportation Schematic Engineer willl perform work involving the application of all conventional aspects of civil engineering to the functional area of the assignment. Exercise judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages highway/roadway schematic and planning projects as the Project Manager for state, county, and city clients. Reports routinely on project development and fiduciary soundness. Directly responsible for developing strong client relationships.
• Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large transportation (highway/roadway) related projects, experience in schematics and final design (PS&E).
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering, transportation planning, and environmental work.
• Supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
• Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, determining and meeting design criteria, difficult coordination requirements,).
• Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
• Reviews plans, schedules and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, CPM schedules, technical reports, and estimates.
• Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
• Performs other duties assigned by a Manager of Projects, Program/Project Manager, or Group Lead.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Work in a collaborative manner. Serves on a project team.
• Willingness to cross train and learn other disciplines
• Exercises quality control procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required • Registration as a Professional Engineer is required, Texas PE registration required within six months of hire date. • Minimum of 8 years of progressive highway design experience is required. • Experience in roadway is preferred. Experience in multiple disciplines a plus. • Experience with MicroStation and GEOPAK is required. OpenRoads is preferred. • Experience with project collaboration software is preferred (e.g. ProjectWise) • Technical ability to prepare feasibility studies, schematics, proposals (Project Approach) and reports is required. • Ability to coordinate all phases of a project is preferred. • Working knowledge of traffic projections is preferred. • Experience with Public Involvement and Stakeholder Coordination is preferred. • Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skill • TxDOT project experience preferred (other DOT is acceptable) • TxDOT pre-certification is preferred.
Internal Number: BIA0000OB
About Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc.
At Jacobs, our focus on building long-term client relationships has helped us become one of the largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services, including all aspects of architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. Our 77,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organizations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
More than 95 percent of our work is repeat business. We get to know our customers’ businesses intimately, and partner with them to help them achieve their objectives. That commitment to our clients produces consistent cost advantages, profits and growth, allowing us to attract and retain the industry's top talent. Our strict dedication to safety and uncompromising ethics create a work environment that promotes employee progress and helps generate nearly $11 billion in annual revenue.
We measure the value we bring to clients every day — wherever in the world they may be, in any industry or technical discipline. In fact in 2017 we produced $2.27 billi...on in client savings through our JacobsValue program, a major accomplishment.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With $15 billion in fiscal 2017 revenue when combined with full-year CH2M revenues and a talent force of more than 77,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.