Industrial - Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering
Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States Job Identification: 526 Job Schedule: Full time
As a Process Development Engineer at Myriad Women's Health, you will bring your Systems Engineering background to help the Automation and Operations teams drive improvements to the quality, efficiency and capacity of our fully integrated clinical sequencing laboratory. You will be heavily involved in new product development and current product improvements, taking on both the technical challenges of process improvements, as well as key project coordination responsibilities.
• Automate biological sample handling and NGS processes in a state-of-the-art medical diagnostics facility
• Design and execute studies and data gathering exercises with the aim of improving new and existing NGS protocols for use in a high-throughput automated lab
• Create a broad set of analytical tools and use them to make targeted improvements to automated systems across multiple labs / environments
• Support production activities; offer insight into troubleshooting methodology and problem resolution with complex instrumentation, systems, or processes.
• Gather requirements, create specifications, and document appropriately for the engineering teams in a CLIA/CAP environment
• Maintain expertise on alternate methods, techniques and best practices used in industry; routinely benchmark process performance
• Supervise and train junior team members in best practices and standardized methodologies
• Handle multiple projects, seeing obvious overlaps to make the implementation process more efficient and standardized
• Ensure all work and results are recorded suitably for regulatory compliance
• Work with Myriad's custom robotic platforms and learn what it means to be on the bleeding edge of technology
• Aid software integration of all the products and protocols you develop: In a large-scale, distributed, fully automated genomic factory, centralization of data is critical.
• Assist in applying cutting edge technology to quite literally save lives
• Evaluate critical tradeoffs and make decisions on resource requirements and allocations to set high-level initiative goals
• Degree in a Life / Physical Science or Engineering, MS or PhD preferred
• 7 years of experience investigating, developing, and implementing laboratory or manufacturing processes
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with lab automation and/or liquid handling
• In-depth knowledge of DNA extraction methods and NGS library prep
• Mechanical, Electrical, Software, or Process - you can follow a broad range of topics within the engineering family, and know how to spot the gaps between the disciplines
• You helped build and ship an instrumentation product, and you understand how important robust qualifications are to the lifecycle of a product
• Certification in at least one of the major liquid handling systems (e.g. Tecan, Beckman, Hamilton), or equivalent experience
• In-depth knowledge of statistics and statistical programming in R/Python, as well as data manipulation in SQL
• You can pull apart and identify the critical components of production workflows at a glance - creating FMEA, CTQ, and 5S schemas are nothing new
• You are familiar with the experimental and documentation overheads that come with being in a regulatory environment (cGxP, CLIA, CAP, ISO)
• Multiple, medium-sized (quarter-long) projects running at the same time is something you are used to, both as an individual contributor and as project coordinator, and you're looking to take on more
• Familiarity with Looker or other data visualization/BA software
• Proficient in object-oriented programming and scripting, Python preferred
• You have the ability to work diligently with minimal supervision and take initiative to drive project deadlines
• You are meticulous in capturing goals, to-dos, and decisions made for yourself and those around you
• You can work independently but consider yourself to be a team player
• For bonus points, you have reached Atlassian level: 'guru' (Jira / Confluence)
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.