As the technical leader, the manufacturing engineer is responsible for customer consult/design of producible product as well as the development of the efficient methods with which to deliver them. This individual leads the respective design, methods development and process improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
· Leads the development and implementation of manufacturing methods required to build customer products
· Leads the cost savings and process improvement initiatives within the respective business unit to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and lead time improvement initiatives are met
· Leads / participates in cross functional teams to define and resolve manufacturing challenges – able to put action plans in place to correct
· Teaches team members the methods for manufacturing customer products, new products and assists new team member on boarding
· Communicates the launch of new/revised products, training team members and enhancing process results
· Communicates with leadership on the status of new products and progress improvement initiatives
Design and Development
· Design/Consult with customers to ensure products are producible safely, cost effectively and at the required quality level
· Designs and developments the manufacturing process including production flow, assembly/machining methods and defines the required equipment
· Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
· Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in related engineering field – Industrial, mechanical, electrical
0-5 years' experience in manufacturing environment
Proficient using Microsoft office suites (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-Point, etc.)
Solid Works, Auto Cad - design capability
Clear understanding of drawings, layouts and GD&T
Critical thinking & decision making
Ability to analyze large amounts of information.
Excellent command of basic leadership skills, able to set goals, work independently and with a team
Clear command of lean and flow principles for low volume wide variety manufacturing