Arconic is currently in search of Quality Systems Leader to join our Metallurgical Quality Systems group in Lancaster, PA.
At Arconic, we are looking for people who share our values of integrity, inclusion, and diversity, and who demonstrate agility, results commitment, and the capability to grow themselves and others. In return, we offer the opportunity to Grow Together with ongoing opportunities for professional growth provided by a constantly changing environment, working alongside employees who value the people they work with just as much as the work they do.
This position is responsible for the overall operation of the Quality System for the facility. The Quality Systems Leader creates and maintains documentation pertaining to the quality system, develops and leads the internal audit and supplier quality programs, manages the internal corrective action system, prepares and delivers quality systems training, and leads periodic management reviews of the system. The position is the primary interface with 3rd party registrars for ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 quality certificates and is the primary contact for customer requests concerning product compliance to legal and legislative requirements. The Quality Systems Leader must be a dynamic leader capable of leading cross-functional groups of employees in improving the quality system.
• Supervises one or more Quality Systems Engineers, Supplier Quality Specialist(s) and Calibration Technician(s)
• Lead the location in preparing for 3rd party quality system registration audits and coordinate the closure of related non-conformances
• Lead the location in preparing for customer audits and coordinate the closure of related non-conformances. Respond to and complete customer quality evaluation surveys.
• Plan, arrange and organize periodic management reviews of the quality operating system.
• Administer the formal corrective action system.
• Manage the Location’s equipment calibration system.
• Act as the primary contact for response to customer requests for product compliance to requirements provided in legislation enacted by the U.S. Federal Government, Governments of U.S. States, the European Union or other relevant legislative bodies.
• Maintain the Quality Manual and Quality System Procedures and update as necessary to comply with the quality operating system.
• Lead the location in the use and analysis of statistical methods such as control charts, capability studies, problem solving, Pareto Diagrams, Measurement Systems Analysis and other statistical tools for evaluating and reducing process variability.
• Lead the Location in the application of Process Management and Visual Process Management per Corporate and GRP standards
• Provide coaching in development of 8D Corrective actions
• Provide guidance in preparation of Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA’s and Control Plan
• Establishing performance goals and conducts performance evaluations,
• Coaches and trains direct report(s) in quality system requirements
• Provide training for internal auditors, area and departmental manual coordinators, quality awareness training for new employees, and provide basic statistical training.
• Coordinate and lead the internal quality audit system, including audits of Process FMEA’s and Control Plans
• Guide the location in effective implementation of Layered Process and Product Audits.
• Provide systems that ensure timely equipment calibrations, with appropriate reaction to equipment found to be out of calibration.
• Administer the formal corrective action system. Provide training and assistance to all plant departments in use of the system and correct application of relevant procedures. Pursue resolution of identified system issues. Monitor corrective actions for timely completion. Advise Management on opportunities for improvement based on corrective action analysis.
• Support and provide technical assistance for Advanced Product Quality Planning as well as in the development and maintenance of PPAP documentation.
• Administer the supplier quality system, including specification of quality critical goods and services, maintaining records of Approved Quality Critical Suppliers, conducting supplier audits and assessments and acting as the location contact for supplier corrective action requests.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
• EEO: MANAGEMENT/SUPERVISORY POSITIONS: The incumbent shall take such steps to assure that all employment practices under his or her control, including hiring, promotions, demotions, and discipline are conducted so as to comply with equal employment opportunity laws and Arconic company policy.
• Bachelor of Science
• Three years’ experience maintaining IATF 16949 or AS9100 standards in a manufacturing organization
• Participation in IATF 16949 or AS9100 audits
• Must have strong communication skills and ability to communicate with all parties – customers, vendors, colleagues, superiors, etc.
• Supervisory experience
• Bachelor of Science business, engineering, chemistry, physics, mathematics, or statistics
• Exemplar Global certified Lead Auditor or ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
• Experience with Measurement Systems Analysis
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
• Experience leading APQP (advanced product quality planning) and performing FMEA (failure mode and effects analysis), PPAP (production part approval process), and SPC (statistical process control) as well as submitting documentation according to AIAG (automotive industry action group) guidelines.
• Experience in equipment calibration procedures and processes
• Knowledge of statistical analysis programs (e.g. Minitab)
• Aluminum rolling experience
A great central location in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is situated for easy access to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a notable entertainment community with rich historic sites, museums, many different shopping centers, entertainment venues, and restaurants.
Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC), a Fortune 500 company, is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that advance the automotive, aerospace, commercial transportation, industrial and building and construction markets. Building on more than a century of innovation, Arconic helps to transform the way we fly, drive, and build. We are proud that 77% of our employees are happy working for Arconic and would recommend it as a great place to work and that 80% of our employees would recommend their managers to others.
We live our core values and commit to delivering sustainable value to our customers, our employees, our communities and our shareholders.
At Arconic, we:
Act With Integrity.
We lead with respect, honesty, transparency and accountability.
Safeguard our Future.
We protect and improve the health and safety of our employees, communities and environment.
Grow Stronger Together.
We cultivate an inclusive and diverse culture that advocates for equity.
Earn Customer Loyalty.
We build customer partnerships through best-in-class products and service.
Drive Operational Excellence.
We pursue continuous improvement through innovation, agility, people development and collaboration.
We achieve success by generating and growing value for our shareholders.
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits). Arconic is in compliance with all relevant Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations.
United States Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Arconic affirms its policy to operate without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age.
ABOUT THE TEAM
About Lancaster, PA: A great central location in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is situated for easy access to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a notable entertainment community with rich historic sites, museums, many different shopping centers, entertainment venues, and restaurants.
Arconic is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that advance the automotive, aerospace, commercial transportation, industrial, packaging and building and construction markets.
Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive and build. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we make products that meet quality, efficiency and delivery objectives to achieve customer success and shareholder value.